The Manor and Highland Park Cenotaph sits on church property at the corner of Holborn Ave and Briscoe St. This year the committee overseeing the Cenotaph has decided to upgrade the monument with an Afghanistan Memorial tribute. The WW1 soldier is to be lifted off the monument then the granite block to which he was affixed will be replaced with a new larger block. This new granite block will be inscribed with the following
The official unveiling will take place during the annual Service of Remembrance on October 27, 2018. Donations to this memorial project may be made to Church of the Epiphany Memorial Fund - Afghanistan. A Go Fund Me page has been set up. You can find the page at
The flowers in the Sanctuary today are to the Glory of God and in loving memory of dear mother and father Don and Doris Cavanagh given by the family.
Our elevator is ready for you. It can take even large self propelled wheelchairs. Come join us at our church. Operators have been trained and everything is ready for you to come. Please let everyone know we are now fully accessible!!! And to top it all off we have 2 fully accessible washrooms as well.
*Quilt of Many Colors. King size.Tickets 3 for $10. 1 for 5$ Draw New years Eve. Tickets available at the Garage Sale.. Sign Out tickets to sell?
*Church 103rd anniversary. This Sun. Oct. 21. Way to go! Lets celebrate!
*Penny Social. This Friday October 19. Doors 6:30. Calling 7:30. Set up Friday at 1:00 p.m. Help really needed!
* Cenotaph Service. Sat. October 27. 10:30 Please plan to attend. Lunch in Hall to follow.
* We will Remember. Nov. 11. 3 p.m. Admission by donation, Cenotaph Concert fundraiser.
*Saturday, October 20 is the LAST Craft Club of this year. All hands on deck!! Bring spare buttons, glue guns, scissors, needle/thread. We have fun projects on tap for this Saturday!! We will reconvene in January, 2019.
*Roast Beef/Vegan Meat Loaf Dinner. Sat. Nov. 3. 4:30 and 6:30 Sittings. $20 Help Needed. Especially with clean up!
* Afghanistan Memorial Plaque. $1300 New Granite Block. $900 Engraving. $1700 Installation. Plus taxes. Donations should made to the Church Memorial Fund - Afghanistan Project for tax receipt. Envelopes available. Donated so far: $2055.00. Thank you to the London Veterans Memorial and Graves Committee for a $500 donation. Thank you to the Civitan Club for a donation of $500.
*Christmas Letter program. Give payment and the letters to Barb. Your cards will be mailed. Sheets at back. Thank you!
*Cans for Keanna. Crushed, rinsed. Sue and Dan. Thank you.
*Bible Study. Tuesdays 10 am
* KERNELS POPCORN! $2.50 Also Mint Smoothies.
* Pretty Appeal Jar. $1136.25 (12.50) Thank you also to those giving for this in your regular donations. Still owe $3983.55
*Food Cupboard. Butch. 519-615-9106.
*Euchre or Crib. Monday October 29. 12:45 for 1:00 p.m.. $2
* There are three ways to contribute Epiphany : Prayer for the church; Help at events; donations if possible. Our Lord knows us.
From Ron: Hi Everyone
As you know we are fundraising for an upgrade to our cenotaph for those who served and those who died in the Afghanistan War.
Please check out the video and article on the front page of Epiphany's website
and pass these links on to all your friends.